Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Going to Japan!

I'm officially going to Japan this summer for 6 weeks through YFU (Youth for Understanding) on the JAFS (Japan-America Friendship Scholars) scholarship!!! I'll be leaving on June 6th. I don't know where I will be located in Japan yet, or who my host family will be, but I'll update this blog as soon as I find out. :) My mom and I called today as I had not received any sort of letter from YFU yet, and the admissions counselor on the phone told us that she had "good news" for us! :D She also stated that my application was very highly scored. :P

I AM SO EXCITED! Now I have to think about what to get my host family as a gift and all that stuff... :) :P

--Eli

7 comments - click to comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Eli, it's Irene from the facebook group.
I'm adding you to my blogroll :D

Michael said...

Yay! I'm going to miss you when you're gone, but it sounds like you'll have a lot of fun. :D

eli said...

Irene: Hi! And thanks! I would add you to mine, but I can't find the link to your blog as your profile is set to hidden...

Michael: I'LL MISS YOU TOO. We can SHKAIP though... it works with the time differences. especially since you love to get up early. :P

Michael said...

Well, I do like to get up early, but I also just can't sleep in. I mean, I woke up at 7 today and I had already gone back to sleep once before that.

irene said...

Oooops! Looks like I better set it to public. Thanks for telling me hehe :D

irene said...

ah! found why. This is the one I'll be using.
(sorry for spamming your comments btw! XD)

eli said...

No worries. :P

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments-- enter your name, or choose to comment with your Google/Gmail account!