Sunday, June 20, 2010

Animu Talk, Jelly Beans & 'SPACE SHOW' Movie

Last night was super super fun. :) Definitely one of the best nights so far.

Ryosuke, Shun and their mom came over and Ryosuke and I obsessed over my loli and anime magazines. :V then he took a bunch of pictures of NSFW content from those magazines with my host brother's cell phone (which, by the way, are AMAZING-- you can watch TV on Japanese cell phones too) and set them as his background. Some of my favorite questions of the night included: "What's the difference between small breasts and being flat-chested?" , "Do Americans have large breasts?" , "Do you prefer hard or soft?" , "So you love both virtual and real girls?" , "How do you say 'huge bust' in English?" and "Why do you know those words in Japanese?" :) So yeah, basically everyone's all casual about topics such as that over here in Japan. But oh my god, obsessing over animu girls, laughing over practically nothing while others have no clue what or who we're talking about and freaking out whenever we see CLANNAD, Little Busters! or Hayate no Gotoku! mentioned is so much fun. :B

Then everyone dared each other to try different flavors of jelly beans that I brought as a present. The best part was definitely when we told my host mom that the green watermelon flavor was "kaeru" (frog)... she totally freaked out as she's deathly afraid of frogs (and really any small, green animal). We also saved all the Chili Mango and Licorice jelly beans for my host brothers, since they tasted terrible. :P


Also, the movie 宇宙ショーへようこそ (uchuu show e youkoso) - Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW, which comes out next week in Japan, looks SUPER amazing. Plus, the theme song is sung by Susan Boyle. :)

Trailer: (with SUPER SRS English narration that makes me laugh)



Official website is here. ドキドキわくわくですね。


Bye for now! :D

6 comments - click to comment:

Michael said...

ELI FINALLY FOUND A CULTURE!!!

eli said...

Copy and pasting exactly what you typed in Gmail chat isn't allowed, Michael. :P

Chris said...

I only understand a little of what you're talking about, but I'm happy you're happy :-) It sounds like Ryosuke and Shun could become good friends! Do they live nearby? Go to your school? The trailer was hysterical...I can relate to "troubles after troubles." I hope you get to see the movie - should be awesome - 5 kids and "the space" :-)

eli said...

Mom, they live nearby though they don't go to the same school as me-- not even my host brother goes to the same school as me. :P

I hope we go to see the movie too... or Toy Story 3 as well.. :D I'll invite to take everyone next weekend probably.

Also, Mom, I bought two shirts for school-- one short sleeved and one long sleeved. The long sleeved one's sleeves are a couple centimeters too short, but that's okay as the sleeves will be rolled up anyways. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Eli!!
That night was really really exiting!!
Let's talk together again in someday!!

eli said...

Hi Ryosuke! Did you find this link through my Facebook...? :P haha.

And yes, we definitely should! :D

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments-- enter your name, or choose to comment with your Google/Gmail account!