Sunday, June 27, 2010

Badminton!

Today I woke up at 8:30 AM to watch プリキュア! (PreCure!) and it was pretty awesome. Then my mom and I biked to a nearby elementary school for a city-wide badminton tournament. :)

...well it wasn't really "city-wide." There were probably about 35 or 40 people there, and most of them played. In the end, my mom and I ended up getting first place :D ...though I think three other teams also got first place, as there were multiple groups. :P First prize included a towel that had some brand on it that my mom didn't recognize, and a "Mikasa" bag, which is a famous Japanese company that makes all sorts of sports goods, though everyone only knows them for making volleyballs ...But anyways, it was super super fun. :)

I also met two junior high school (aka middle school) girls named Sae and Kaide ('saa-ay' & 'kye-day', JUST IN CASE YOU CAN'T PRONOUNCE NIHONGO)... who by the way were OMFGWTFラブラブ スーパーかわいい~ ヽ(*´∀`)ノ゚  (*´▽`*)  Like seriously. oh my god. <3 (Disclaimer: as Japan's education system is laid out differently than America's, Sae was 14 years old and Kaide was 15-- around my age; that means the YFU police AREN'T GOING TO HUNT ME DOWN FOR SAYING THAT, MOTHER. but yeah. Sae had super cute dimples when she smiled, too. :3 they were really nice and funny, and we talked a lot for a long time... when we weren't playing badminton. :) Everyone (especially Sae and Kaide ~desuuuu ( ・ω・) ) was super nice. :) A man named Nakamura-san also gave me one of his 団扇 (uchiwa, fans)... which by the way IS SUPER AWESOME 'CAUSE IT HAS POKÉMON ON IT AND THEY'RE ALL SMILING. :D


(ANA is a Japanese airline company... and they have these kinds of awesome planes - each of those blue words is a link to an image, if you didn't notice)


And I'm off to school tomorrow. ( ̄□ ̄;) lolol look at me with all these fun nihongo emoticons.

kbai for now. :3

5 comments - click to comment:

Michael said...

Aww! That's a really cool fan. And I'm glad you're meeting girls your age that you like. :P

I liked the disclaimer.

Saya said...

Hey, it's Saya, from camp. Love your blog. About the funny misspells- I work at a Chinese restaurant, and one of the boys, who speaks no English, has shirts with all of these funny errors- one that I remember is "Lief Stlye". How long are you in Japan? Have fun!

Chris said...

I laughed out loud at your message to me/disclaimer :-) :-) I, too, am glad about your new friends :-)

I was amazed at the fans but then I saw the PLANES. I almost can't believe my eyes.

Back to your last post...I am still laughing at the important cultural difference of decorating our snowmen differently. (How DO they decorate their snowmen? I thought it rarely snowed there :-))

Anonymous said...

omg i want that うちわ xD
haha those emoticons...how long does it take to type those out?? XD
hmm i am proud of you thinking girls who are older than 12 are かわいい :3

eli said...

Michael: Glad you like it. :) :P

Saya: Which camp? I laughed our loud at "Lief Stlye" :D

Mom: I have no clue... I just assumed it was a translation mistake. I just googled it, and I don't see any carrots...

Cindy: I copy and pasted most of those. :) heh. and also, they look like they're 12 and are psychologically near that age as well (or at least they're not like most AMERICAN high school girls) so it's fine. :)

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments-- enter your name, or choose to comment with your Google/Gmail account!