Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shopping and other stuff

So last night I went to Tsutaya again (that amazing store with a bunch of DVDs and CDs and Manga for rental) and finally got to take a lot of pictures after forgetting my camera the past two times we went there.

CUTE SUMMER WARS DRAWING THAT MADE ME MELT INSIDE.


Lots of love for K-On! :3


EVEN MORE LOVE FOR CLANNAD AND CLANNAD ~AFTER STORY~ <3


AND EVEN MORE LOVE for TORADORA! ... but there were no DVDs to be found anywhere. ;__;


So... Much... Hayate no Gotoku!...


Lots of Pokemanz


STUDIO GHIBLI <3



That's not Wallace and Gromit, it's Uoresu to Gurumitto, obviously.


More strange movie titles in Japanese:
  • The movie "Flushed Away" in Japanese is called マウス・タウン (Mausu Taun, Mouse Town)
  • "Over the Hedge" is 森のリトル・ギャング (Mori no Ritoru Gyangu, Little Gang of the Forest)
  • "Ratatouille" is レミーのおいしいレストラン (Remii no Oishii Resutoran, Remi's Delicious Restaurant)
  • "Meet the Robinsons" is ルイスと未来泥棒 (Ruisu to Mirai Dorobou, Luis and the Thief from the Future)


Afterward, Taiga, Ryosuke and I went to the onsen/ofuro place again that is instantly recgonizable by a huge "ゆ" banner outside. (湯/お湯 means hot water, read "ゆ yu" or "おゆ oyu" - the 'o' in front just makes it more formal) They just got back from hiking up a 2,000ft mountain or something for a school trip and they were like we're all tired let's go sit in some baths so we did just that.


*****


BUT BEFORE ALL THAT, in school periods 5 and 6, we went to "clean up" ... basically meaning walking long distances around the neighborhood and playing with worms and moss and metal pincer things-- not much "cleaning up." But it was still fun.

*****


And right before this post, I went around shopping. Well not really... I tried to go-- I guess my mom was right when she says there aren't good any stores around here. :P She is going to take me to some Japanese-style shops and such on Wednesday, though (RIGHT before I leave!). :) However, today, I did stumble in on NODA-YA which is basically a "Gun & Figure" store... a strange combination.

And then I saw Rin (from こどものじかん, Kodomo no Jikan, A Child's Time).

But she was 6800円 (a little more than $68) so I was all like cry ;__; And no Mom, no children were harmed in the creation of that figure, anime or manga. Plus the manga was written by a woman so it's even more lolthisissoscrewedup-ish.

...NODA-YA did have some pretty awesome stuff though:


Lots of K-On! stuff. :D ...including a car, lolwut.


this made me lol


PEANUTS :)


Vocaloid :D


CLANNAD LOVEEEええぇ~ラブラブ


The original reason I went there was to look for some Haiji stuff... which I ended up not finding at all. :< In case you don't know (which you probably sadly don't), THIS is Haiji:

love.

...and that's all. Tuesday is my last day of school (Monday is a holiday, 海の日 umi no hi, Marine/Ocean Day), and I have to give a closing speech I think... totally not prepared for that. :) and then on THURSDAY, I leave for America! (leave at 10 and get back at 9 the same day or something... hah.)

See you all really soon!!! :D

5 comments - click to comment:

Nate said...

Good post...are there more holidays like Marine/Ocean Day, because if there are, then it's a lot like Maryland.

Have fun

eli said...

Well, they do have Golden Week. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(Japan)

Michael said...

Huh. The lack of Toradora DVDs depresses me.

Check and respond to your emails! Planning troubles galore.

See you in 6 days!

Chris said...

The video was so cute ("Ohio!" :-)) What was with the jolly green giant? And how do you celebrate Marine/Ocean day?

eli said...

Michael: I know right... ;___; but it's only rental. Responded to all emails-- hurrah!

Mom: I have no clue what was with that strange green shirtless man, and people don't celebrate it in any way. I never even heard the name mentioned that day.

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments-- enter your name, or choose to comment with your Google/Gmail account!