Friday, June 18, 2010

OHA!

Today was hot. Very hot. 蒸し暑いも。(Mushiatsui mo., Also humid.)

I sat in the school and talked in English a bunch and then went outside for a couple hours for a disaster drill thing... BUT THE PRINCIPAL STARTED AN ACTUAL FIRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD AND THEN PUT IT OUT WITH A FIRE EXTINGUISHER. And then half the school ran away from the white smokey stuff that comes out of fire extinguishers. It was kinda fun.

And then in the cafeteria I saw this, which is the BEST thing in Japan I've seen so far:



OH MY GOD. I laughed so hard.


After school, I asked my homeroom and English teacher who doesn't speak English if I could see a list of clubs... she was like "oh it's all in Japanese, so no. Also, ask me in English, I need to improve my English" ... so after I finally got a list of clubs from her (which was in Japanese), she took me to see about three clubs in the gym and also some rough sketch art club or something... and then was like "I need to go meeting so you wander yes?" so yeah then I basically had nothing to do for three hours before my bus arrives. (school this week gets out early due to tests every day)

So I wandered around the neighborhood... which was actually very pretty. :) I took a bunch of pictures, and saw a forest, an elementary school, a kindergarten (which by the way looked JUST like the one from the animu はなまる幼稚園 [Hanamaru Youchien] ... lolwtf) and also someweird circular house on top of a hill where some Japanese students were being all かわいいラブラブ♥♥☆〜^____^です。




...And then we went shopping and I saw this:



WHICH MADE ME SUPER HAPPY AND LAUGH REALLY HARD.... BUT THEN my host mom told me it was Shingo Mama. OH MY GOD. For those of you who don't know, Shingo Mama is this Japanese crossdresser guy who sings songs about "sucking mayonnaise in the morning." yeah, he's pretty awesome.

OHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!




OKよ、 until next time, バイバイ。 (bai bai!)

6 comments - click to comment:

Michael said...

Eli! Now EVERYBODY knows why I say OHA! You have betrayed me!

eli said...

:P

Chris said...

Shingo Mama! Oha! Hysterical. You should get one of those banana posters for your room :-) Lighting a real fire!? And then evacuating due to fire extinguisher fumes? Sounds like a Woody Allen movie :-) Surreal.

mom

eli said...

Uh... no Mom. Everybody evacuated as it was a drill, then outside in the field the principal lit a fire and then put it out. It was windy and the extinguisher fumes blew around, so people ran away.

mio! said...

Crunky makes some of the best stuff man. And the best ads~

eli said...

Maybe I should try it...

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments-- enter your name, or choose to comment with your Google/Gmail account!