Sunday, June 6, 2010

Telephony Communications

After multiple failed attempts, we finally contacted my host family. :) The sons are named Nozomu, Ayumu and [I think] Taiga. I couldn't understand Yumi (the mom) all that well when she was telling me the final name, so I asked her to repeat it... I asked for confirmation, "Taiga?" She replied "Not a tiger!" hahaha. :) They seem very nice and seem to have a good sense of humor as well.

Only after saying to the son two times and the mom one time that I was Eli from YFU did Yumi understand who I was. :) She said they thought my name was pronounced "Ellie" and I said people in America sometimes do that too. :P She also confirmed I was going to "Tohoku Seikatsu Bunka High School" and said I would probably be going from three to five weeks... I'm so excited!!!

I leave tomorrow morning for the CA orientation, and then 3 days later to Japan! :)

2 comments - click to comment:

Michael said...

That sounds really cool! I'm glad that your family seems nice. HAVE FUN!!!

eli said...

Thanks Michael-- I will!!! :D

Post a Comment

Please don't post anonymous comments-- enter your name, or choose to comment with your Google/Gmail account!